Thursday, April 16, 2015

Good for my soul

I've been a bit sporadic on my blog post. It is funny how life can get busy and things I enjoy doing have to take a backseat. 

A friend and I do the same bible study together. She does it in the morning and I do it in the evening. She had a picture of her bible and the lesson and wrote. "My flesh fights against keeping up with my Bible study, but my soul needs it."

Those words are so true. We live in reality and we battle our flesh on a daily basis. I'm coaching track, leading a bible study, taking care of my family, trying to finish my MG book, and just being available to anyone. Oh, and trying to blog once a week. :)

Life gets busy but we need to stop and look to Christ.

Even if you only have ten minutes or an hour, spending time with your Savior is always a good thing. Let your heart become quiet before the throne of grace will only draw you closer to the Lord. We need Christ. We need His word because it is good for our soul.

May we not run to the Lord when times are tough. But even in the moments of rest, may we be fervent for Him.

Let us press on and finish the race well. 

Psalm 19:7 The law of the LORD is perfect, revving the soul; the testimony of the LORD is sure making wise the simple.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Sorry I have been MIA. I've been coaching track and that has taken up a lot of my time. This is the last meet of the season. Yes, it is such a great reminder.

      Delete